Wednesday, March 21, 2012

mother natures eyes

sun shining down
breeze running threw my sleeves 
heart beating fast as i run threw these trees
free?
could it be me?
soul showing 
naked no shame 
slow down
hit the ground
the grass hugs my skin 
i feel this earths heartbeat 
beating like a drum we become one
this mud is my blood 
look threw mother natures eyes 
can you see it when she cry's
i close my eyes for a minute and i loose my beat
buildings tower over me this ground is not my friend
i listen and hear nothing
no heart beat to be found 
smoke fills are lungs and they stand high on there pedestal of mind
blinded by a certain kind of green that makes them mean
come down 
it must be so lonely
living up that high
but they cant even see the sky
darkness sweeps threw the air
breaking what once was trust
mother don't be sad 
i to am going mad
run!
back to the place where we first began 
we are not so far away
from seeing her wrath 
she does fight back
with the fury of a woman on fire 
sleep ever so peacefully my friend 
for we are on the right team
we will win in the end 


4 comments:

  1. I really love this because of the symbolism of Mother Nature as a tangible being...it makes this really powerful in my opinion. Or at least that's the way I am reading it? I particularly liked the line in the closing stanza "for we are on the right team". As someone who loves nature, I loved this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes because she is i feel as though we have such a strong connection to the earth because we are apart of it and having that knowledge i feel the need to share it with others because we are just cutting her up and using her up and we don't realize that she can and will fight back with a force we can not even imagine and she has the right i love nature so much i just hate seeing people destroy this beautiful canvas of a master we live on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I hate that as well...nature is one of my passions and I just don't understand how people cannot respect and cherish nature. I read something recently about the accelerated deforestation of the Amazon Rain Forest and it made me so sad. It's the most abundant source of life on the planet and it will be gone in our lifetime at current rates.

      Delete
  3. yes it makes me sad to but i feel in my heart or hearts that if we come together as a people to stop this we can slowly work at making it right again i just have to have faith in human kind to do the right thing because if we don't i feel all is lost and i just don't even want to imagine it

    ReplyDelete